Paper and pixels, landscapes and architecture - all the things that make up our world have intricate connections to us. These ties aren't always obvious, but they're there. And, those who seek the connections - those who seek beauty and meaning - will find them.
I use concepts from philosophy and art history to create meaningful projects with design and technology.
At One Design Company I write, research, conceptualize and strategize.
I also publish Common Editions, a small book series on big ideas.
- "The thing always happens that you really believe in and the belief in a thing makes it happen."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
- "Cannery Row in Monterey in California is a poem, a stink, a grating noise, a quality of light, a tone, a habit, a nostalgia, a dream."
- John Steinbeck
- "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
- Carl Sagen
- "I will not kill another person."
- Geremy Good
- "I can't tell you what art does and how it does it, but I know that often art has judged the judges, pleaded revenge to the innocent and shown to the future what the past suffered, so that it has never been forgotten...."
- John Berger
- "I basically did two things with my class; we took the clock out of the equation and forgot about time."
- Michael Asher
- "Function follows structure."
- Mies van der Rohe
- "You can't create art without wine."
- "Think like a baby."
- "Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."
- Vincent Van Gogh
- "Thinking involves not only the flow of thoughts, but their arrest as well."
- Walter Benjamin
Modes of conversation,
ideation and socialization
Let's talk about ideas, writing, video editing, sound design, Epictetus, content strategy, curatorial projects, astronomy, information architecture and simple websites (like this one).